Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Makeup Mayhem With Courtney Hughes: Statement Lips

I believe a women needs the 3 f's in her life: family, friends, and fashion! I'm so lucky to have them all. One of the 3 f's includes my fabulous friend Courtney who is an amazing makeup artist at MAC Cosmetics. I thought it would be great for Courtney to keep us chic with expert makeup tips & tricks. Enjoy!- Tiff




Ok, if you don't know what a "smokey eye" is at this point in your life, you must be living under a fashion rock. It's a classic look, but frankly I am sick of it (for now).

If you really wanna make a statement, it's all about the bold lip-bright, dark, or classic red. Confidence and playing down the rest of your makeup is the key to achieving this look. Everyone can do it! Although I won't be able to let go of the deep berry or black cherry lip that was hot for fall/winter, spring/summer brings bright pinks and luscious corals to our kissers. As soon as I get my tan back, I will be all over it.

I recommend using a lip liner in the same shade/tone and making sure the lips are conditioned and exfoliated. The most important tip for the statement lip is to schedule a teeth cleaning before you rock the look...please don't bring attention to some skanky grills! Sorry, but I have a bad memory of a frequent customer that insists on wearing bright lipstick, but hasn't visited the dentist since '85. Good luck ladies!! Muah! Courtney

Here are a few of my faves....


MAC Girl About Town

MAC Red

MAC Vegas Volt


MAC Cyber









No comments:

Post a Comment