Friday, March 19, 2010

How Will Your Spring Smelll??

With spring only one day away, I've been thinking about how I want to smell (good of course). Like most women, I have several obsessions, and one is FRAGRANCE. I have my top 3 fragrances that I will forever LUV, but a few others that I would "throw in the bag"!!!


1. Marc Jacobs- I discovered this scent in 2003, and have declared it my signature scent ever since. It's a classic, uncomplicated fragrance that's great for every occasion. It has notes of gardenias that you will smell all day.

2. Prada Infusion d'Iris-This was a recent addition, and the scent I plan on rocking this spring. It's a very modern, clean, light scent. It has notes of mandarin, orange blossom, and iris. I noticed today that it's pretty long lasting, so a great scent to take you from day to night.

3. Tom Ford Black Orchid-This is probably one of the strongest scents I have. It's very warm, woody, and sweet. It has strong notes of ylang-ylang, bergamot, black currant, and orchid. Since it's so strong, I normally wear it out at night.

3b. J'adore by Christian Dior-This fragrance has notes of floral orchids, violets, rose and blackberry musk. It's very feminine and reminds me of a fresh floral bouquet. Just like Marc Jacobs, it's a great scent to wear for any occasion.

4. Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy- I was actually quite shocked I liked this scent. I received a gift card to TJ Maxx and purchased this scent thinking it was Juicy Couture, not Viva La Juicy. But it's a fun scent with dominant notes of wild berries and mandarins. It has undertones of honeysuckle and gardenia, which I love. The bottle is almost empty which is a testimony to how great it smells!

5. John Varvatos- Not a lot of women wear this scent. Maybe I'm the only one that likes it. Can't say the same for men though; pretty popular. I find myself grabbing it when I don't know what mood I'm in. The notes of grappa, apricot, plum,  and mandarin, will always make you feel confident and unique.

Here are some scents that I want to add to my tray....
Fragrance notes: Pink Pepper, Pear And Grapefruit



Fragrance notes: Peach, Melon, Apple, Rose and Jasmine


Fragrance Notes: Citruses, Peony, Rose, Osmanthus, Patchouli, and Sandalwood

 I don't believe the myth that a women should have just one signature fragrance that she wears the rest of her life. But, if that works for you then great. I think it's good to have a signature scent, AND a few extra fragrances that compliment a few of your moods and feelings....Cause you know we have a lot!

P.S. I'm over British week, but I'll leave you with a  cheerio!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment