Thursday, May 27, 2010

“We made a deal ages ago. Men, babies, it doesn’t matter. We’re soulmates.” SATC2

 

Going to see SATC2 tonight with my besties and then grabbing a drink (preferable cosmo). Finally......feels like ages since the the first movie. I now know how women must have felt when they were on the wait list for a Hermes bag!! LOL. Although it's received bad reviews for being over the top, excessive and unrealistic, it's right up my alley. The premiere went down this week, and the women look fab! Check them out and a recap (again) of  my favorite quotes from SATC Series.
 SJP in Valention; Kim Cattrall in Naeem Khan; Kristen Davis in vintage Jean Desses; Cythia Nixon in Carolina Herrera

Sex and the City Movie
Carrie: "And there, in the same city where they met as girls, four New York women entered the next phase of their lives dressed head to toe in love. And that's the one label that never goes out of style."

Carrie: "I put a bird in my hair."

Samantha: "Jesus honey! Wax much?"
Miranda: "What? My marriage is going through a rough spot. I don't have time to wax!"
Samantha: "I could be on death row and not have that *situation*!"

Season 1
Carrie: [After Carrie gets off Mr. Big's car] "Wait! Have you ever been in love?"
Mr. Big: "Abso-f**king-lutely." - "Sex and the City"

Carrie: I decided, the only way to break free was to move from one addiction, to an even bigger one.....shoes. - "Valley of the Twenty-Something Guys"

Carrie: "It's like the riddle of the Sphinx. Why are there so many great unmarried women, and no great unmarried men?" -  Sex and the City"

Season 2:
Miranda: "How did it happen that four such smart women have nothing to talk about but boyfriends? It's like seventh grade with bank accounts." - "Take Me Out to the Ballgame"
Season 3:
Miranda [looking at Manhattan]: "Who would've thought an island that tiny would be big enough to hold all our old boyfriends?" -  "Where There's Smoke"
Season 4:
Carrie: "I've spent $40,000 on shoes and I have no place to live? I will literally be the old woman who lived in her shoes!" - "Ring a Ding Dong"
Carrie: "I used to think those people who sat alone at Starbucks writing on their laptops were pretentious posers. Now I know: they are people who have recently moved in with someone." - "The Good Fight"

Season 5:
Carrie: "Men who are good looking are never good in bed because they never had to be." - "Unoriginal Sin"

Season 6:
Carrie: "I like my money right where I can see it: hanging in my closet." - "To Market, To Market"


Samantha: "F**k me badly once, shame on on you. F**k me badly twice, shame on me" - "Great Sexpecations"

 Big, about Carrie's friends: "You're the loves of her life and a guy's just lucky to come in fourth." -  "An American Girl in Paris (Part Une)"

Big: "It took me a really long time to get here, but I'm here. Carrie, you're the one." -  "An American Girl in Paris (Part Deux)"

No comments:

Post a Comment