Thursday, June 3, 2010

Thank You For Being a Friend and Keeping Us Laughing


Like most of you, I was saddened to learn about Rue McClaahan's passing. I don't know anyone who doesn't love this show. Rue played, the over-sexed, self-absorbed, southern belle, Blanche Devereaux, on the "Golden Girls." Here are a few of my fave lines from Blanche....

Rose: "Oh, Blanche, how do you feel about performing in front of a video camera?"
Blanche: "I think it's OK as long as you've already had a least three dates."

Dorthy: "There's a man on our lawn."
Blanche: "Get the net!"

Blanche: "Oh I do love the rain. It reminds me of my first kiss."
Dorthy: "Awww....your first kiss was in the rain."
Blanche: "No, it was in the shower"

Blanche: "I treat my body like a temple."
Sophia: "Yeah, open to everyone, day or night."

Blanche: "There is a fine line between having a good time and being a wanton slut. I know. My toe has been on that line."

Blanche: "What was your first impression of me?"
Rose: "I thought you wore too much makeup and were a slut. I was wrong. You don't wear too much makeup."

Blanche: "Sophia, by placing this pearl necklace between my bosoms, does it make me look like I'm a sex-starved slut who is in need of a man to bed?"
Sophia: "Yes."
Blanche: "Good , then pearl it is."

No comments:

Post a Comment