Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Product Review: Nars Body Glow


Even though I'm a brown skin sister, I still want to look like a bronzed goddess (think Jada Pinkett-Smith). I've tried a lot of bronzing products ranging from Bliss, to MAC, to Jergens. I've been really curious to try Nars Body Glow. On a recent trip to T.J. Maxx, I came across a miniature set for $10!!!!! The mini set is super hard to find so I was excited to try!

The box set includes a 1 oz bottle of Monoï de Tahiti oil. The Monoï oil has an Tiare flower (Tahitian gardenia) that is refined in coconut extract for at least ten days, which slowly infuses the oil with nutrients as well as the gardenia scent. It helps moisturize the skin and protect the skin against daily environmental aggressions. The 1 oz Body Glow combines the deeply hydrating oil with a drop of vanilla essence and a chocolate shimmer, to impart a glistening, golden glow. 


The Good: It definitely gives a good shine without the thickness of Vaseline Coco Butter gel (which I actually love). I also think the scent is really nice and works well if layered with spicy perfume. Once the bronzer dries, it doesn't rub off on clothes, which is nice.

The Not So Good: It doesn't really provide a huge amount of bronzing on my skin. More of a finish, and the glow doesn't last long. My right leg has the bronzer on and you can barely tell. My camera isn't that great but you don't see a deep color.

I like the scent so I will continue to use, but I would not recommend to anyone who has brown skin and wants a bronzed look. I have a list of other bronzers that I'm going to try: Body Shop Body and Leg Shine and Body Bling. I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment