Thursday, December 30, 2010

Rhapsodies in Black

Yesterday I was looking in my closet trying to find something to wear, and came across my La Rok dress and Crystal Luciano Padovan heels. I haven't worn both pieces since 2009, so they need a rebirth.

I began to feel a Harlem Renaissance vibe from them. I love that era! Whenever I see photos, I immediately notice all the detail and effort the men and women put into their look. Despite not having a lot of money, they still had a lot of style! Even though it's old, The Uptown Girl editorial featuring Zoë Saldana in Vanity Fair is one of my fave looks of a modern interpretation of the Harlem Renaissance style.
 Lanvin top and skirt. 
Burberry jacket and top and a Zac Posen skirt.
Donna Karan dress and jacket.
Bottega Veneta dress, with a Stephen Jones Millinery headband.
Alberta Ferretti, with a Stephen Jones Millinery headpiece.
Styled by Jessica Diehl. Photos Michael Roberts.

No comments:

Post a Comment