Sunday, January 24, 2010

It Just Ain't Worth It!


My name is Tiffany and I use to text while driving.  Use to is the keyword. After watching The Oprah Show and listening to family members share heart wrenching, 100% preventable stories, of their love ones killed by people texting while driving, I'm not participating in this foolish activity anymore. Who cares if it's the law in NC! People do not deliver important messages via text, and since my phone number isn't 9-1-1, you can wait. My Mom has always been a stickler for using cellphones while driving. This is normally how our conversation goes:

Me: Hey Mom!
Mom: Are you in your car driving?
Me: Yes, why do you always ask me that? And hello to you too.
Mom: Because talking on the phone driving is dangerous!
Me: Mom, I got this!
Mom: Call me later-
Me: Listening to the dial tone!

I'm making an effort to use a handsfree device when I need to make or take important calls. I need to spend my driving time enhancing my knowledge on more important things anyway, like news and culture via NPR.

No comments:

Post a Comment