Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wellness Wednesdays With Lauren: Fabulous Pesto

Today I learned that Tiff would like for me to post recipes... she then admitted that she would actually like for me to create an entire cookbook .  She later decided that this cookbook would also include me performing as a personal chef by preparing and then delivering her meals.  Similar to NutriSystem...I'd call it FabulousFood4Tiff. 

So, prepare to kick your Lean Cuisines to the curb!  Today I begin my collection of recipes for my "cookbook"!  Last night I prepared pesto sauce over whole wheat pasta.  Now, this photo might not look like much, but it was truly delicious and you only need a tiny bit of the sauce.  I recommend tossing the sauce with the pasta and topping with fresh parmesan cheese. 


Pesto Sauce
Prep Time: 15 minutes

Ingredients:
2/3 cup packed fresh basil leaves
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons pine nuts
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 garlic clove, peeled 

Directions:
In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients; cover and process until blended.  Use immediately or transfer to an airtight container.  Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.

*recipe courtesy of The Taste of Home Cookbook

xoxo
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment