Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wellness Wednesday with Lauren: Revisiting Our Resolutions

Does your gym look like this now that it's February? 


My first Beauty Board post was about those pesky New Year's Resolutions we all try to make.  My goal was to simply stick with a wellness plan that makes sense (i.e. pack my lunch, do some physical activity 4 times a week, eat less junk, etc.).  However, it's now February and I'm feeling the pressure to slack off.  It started yesterday when I began chatting with Tiffany about the Total Body Conditioning class that we regularly attend.  We both wanted to bail.  Luckily, we kept each other accountable and instead of going out to eat, we both miraculously showed up to class!  But, what about tomorrow?  The next day? Next week?

I have been struggling to get back into some type of workout routine that keeps me motivated.  The problem is that work is crazy, I want to go home to watch Gossip Girl, or some other event seems to always get in the way.   I even got a personal trainer!  And yet, I still feel under-motivated... so I talked to my trainer about ways to handle my predicament. 

Below are the top 10 ways to stay on track, stay motivated and stick with your workout resolutions:

1.  DVR Gossip GIrl.

2.  Whether you have only 20 minutes to workout or an hour, do something during that time.  Every little bit counts and more importantly, keeps you in the routine of showing up.

3.  Be flexible, if you miss a day here and there don't give up!  Get back on track the next week.

4.  If you miss a day, try to plan a walk on your normal day off from working out or attend a morning group exercise class instead of an evening class.

5.  Plan workouts ahead of time so you go to the gym prepared. 

6.  Set one or two clear goals and ask someone at the gym, a friend or loved one to keep you accountable.  Ask them to remind you of your goal when you start straying. 

7.  Get enough sleep (at least 7 to 8 hours).

8.  Try something new, like Yoga, Pilates or Kickboxing once a month.

9.  Buy new workout clothes - You will be excited to wear them!  Great deals at www.target.com.

10.  Read this blog!

XOXO,

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment