Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Paint the Streets Red

I don't care what brand your shoes are, they need to be maintained. There is nothing worse than hearing the sound of a women walking with heels that need to be repaired...clickety clack, clickety clack. You might as well hand her a cane, a hat, and ask her to tap dance.

For 48 hours, I sent my Louboutins to the shoe doctor, aka Man Mur Shoe Shop, for some much needed TLC. These shoes are investments, kinda like a car (think Benz or even a Honda. Just not a Toyota with a bad gas pedal). And I plan on clocking 200K miles!!!

So,  I got red half soles placed on all of them. Why add the half soles? To extend the life of the shoe, add durability, and most importantly, keep the entire sole red!!  The half soles are not that expensive, $20 a pair.

This is how a pair looked after just one wear:

Here is how they looked after the red rubber sole was placed on the top.


My Privatita's were in the worst shape- worn sole, needed a heel, and scuffed leather. The cobbler asked me if these were my running shoes!



“I would hate for someone to look at my shoe and say, ‘Oh my God! That looks so comfortable!’ That’s not what I want to project. But I’m not a sadist. I don’t believe suffering makes you beautiful. But comfort is not part of my creative process.” -Christian Louboutin

No comments:

Post a Comment