Thursday, April 29, 2010

MCM....Don't Call It A Come Back, I Been Here for Years!


I'm an 80's baby, so I  vividly remember MCM-then known as Michael Cromer Munich, now known as Mode Creation Munich. Everyone had something MCM; fannypack, hat, jacket, bag, or coin purse. Looking back, half of the MCM people wore, was probably A+ super fake....HAHA. I had a white and navy blue purse that I would rock extra hard over my shoulder, and my mom had a speedy bag that I wanted so bad. I need to find them next time I go home (my mom throws NOTHING away).

Back in March, I read an article in WSJ about MCM's new CEO Sung-Joo Kim, one of Asia's most powerful business women. She was discussing the companies resurrection in the US. When I was in NYC, I peeped the new collection at Saks; wasn't good/extensive. Forget there was a store on 58th and Fifth Ave....ughhhhh. Next time! Here's some pieces from their 2010 collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment