Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Oxford On My Mind....Shoes that is :)

I must admit, wingtip/brogue/oxford shoes have grown on me. They are a perfect match for jeans, cute ankle pants at work, or even a floral little summer dress. I had to get them situated in my mind as I had a fashion incident with them back in the spring of 88'. I remember it like it was yesterday......

I was at West Oxford Elementary School (where dreams were formed HAHA) and looked down at my shoes. To my surprise, I had worn mismatched oxfords-one brown/white, one black/white. I was devastated to the point I lied to my teacher and told her I had an emergency and needed to call my grandfather. I was an A+ nerd so she had no reason to believe I was lying. Thankfully my grandfather could tell from my voice that I was experiencing my first fashion emergency, so he brought me the matching shoe.

So 22 years later, I found some new faves. But I'm sticking to one color...


Martin Margiela Lace Up Oxford, $660



Aldo Lahaie Shoes, $80



J. Crew Camden Suede Brouges, $250

Nine West Brazen, $150

Church's Burwood Metallic Brogues, $425

No comments:

Post a Comment