Thursday, April 22, 2010

Repsect Your Mother-Happy Earth Day

Today marks the 40th anniversary of Earth Day. It's a day to think about your conservation efforts and make a commitment to help preserve the planet. There are so many activities going on, but making a simple committment is just as important. Here are some suggestions:

1. Recycle- Duh? Who's not doing this!

2. Reuse- bring you own mug to Starbucks or to work, purchase a reusable water bottle and grocery bag. I try to walk to the grocery store, and if you are able to do the same, I highly recommend purchasing an insulated tote.
Built® Market Tote, $19.98 (sale); Target Contingo BPA Free Water Bottle, $12.99

3. Save energy at home with energy-saving appliances or light bulbs.

4. By local-this cuts down on air pollution caused by food and good transportation. Look for this logo on your grocery items.



5.  Pass on gas! My commute from near downtown Raleigh to Durham is brutal on the air, my car, and my time sitting in traffic! So I am going to try Triangle Transit this summer (at least 1 day).



I would love to plant a tree in my neighborhood, but the home owners association Prez will flip out! He takes his job VERY seriously. I once left my recylce bin on the curb for 4 days. It didn't have my condo number on it but it magically appeared on my back doorstep. I think he must have worked for the government, because that was an FBI agent move.

So, what are you doing to preserve the planet??

No comments:

Post a Comment