Friday, July 2, 2010

Oh Baby.....Designer Diaper Wars


My friend Lauren shared the most hilarious thing with me a couple weeks ago- Huggies denim inspired diapers. By now, I'm sure everyone has seen the commercial with the tag line, "The coolest you'll look pooping in your pants." While I don't have any children, for poops and giggles I want to buy some and give them to a baby, cause the kid above swagger is so strong you would think he is rocking some G-Stars. I think this is where Lady GaGa got her fashion inspiration for no pants- from 15 month old babies.

This morning I was catching some beauty rest with the TV on, and was startled by a segment on "The Today Show" dedicated to diapers. It appears Pampers is getting in on the diaper trend, and hired designer Cynthia Rowley to design a collection for Target. The collection will include 11 designs for boys and girls including pastel madras, stripes, and printed ruffles. I guess their tag line should be "If you're going to poop it should be in style." I'm just thankful there are more options than cloth diapers, cause LAWWD I wouldn't be able to be in a 3 ft radius of a little kid.


What's next, couture diapers designed by Chanel, Dior and Armani accompanied by a Mercedez Benz fashion show for kids. Probs.....

No comments:

Post a Comment