Thursday, July 1, 2010

Makeup Mayhem With Courtney Hughes: Red Bottom Nails...oh my!

Although makeup is my thing, I am also obsessed with fingernail polish. My mom taught me long ago how to bang out a homemade manicure, and I have been doing my own nails and toes ever since. I prefer natural nails myself, but I may be changing my mind soon with this latest nail trend: THE LOUBOUTIN MANICURE!!! OMG! Inspired by his signature RED bottoms, this wicked nail trend consists of a single color of your choice on the topside of your nails, with red lacquer painted on the bottom of the nail. This look is best with a long, oval nail (Rihanna style) so the red bottom really stands out. Created by Zoe Pocock from the Daniel Galvin Salon in London, this trend is popping up everywhere. I have yet to see anyone in North Cackawacka rockin' this style, however I am on the look out. I am diggin' an all black shiny nail with the red underneath...to mimic my black Louboutin Decollettes. SO HOT! I may have to treat myself to this mani on my next trip to NYC. So if you are bold and daring with a slight Louboutin obsession...go for it! As long as people don't start rockin' red bottom toe nails...now that would be nasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment