Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wellness Wednesday With Lauren: New Years Resolutions

I just got home from the gym and of course, since it's the first week of a new year, the gym was PACKED!  Every cardio machine was taken except for the crappy stair-stepper (which no one likes to use at my gym).  Needless to say, it is the time of year where everyone is trying to stick to their New Year's resolution to get in shape. 

In the past, I have never set a "get-in-shape" resolution.  I am in my early twenties, and before this January I never felt like I had to worry about my weight.  But suddenly, I feel that my metabolism has slowly started to say 'good-bye'.  And as Tiffany and I discussed today over lunch...I feel that my body is just going soft. 

So this year... I am making a resolution to get back in shape after eating my heart's desire of holiday goodies!  I am even going to bed tonight in my workout clothes like Kim K. so that I can get up tomorrow morning!   I hope you are wishing me luck right now...I probably need it.

Now, I am going to tell you all something that no one ever wants to hear.  Most women I know are usually dieting, either weight watchers, crash diets, or liquid diets.  But I have the secret to loosing weight - come closer to the computer.  Closer...a little closer...eat less crap, eat more veggies, workout at least 4 times a week.  I know it's rash, but at least I am honest!  We all know the secret, it just sucks to actually do it and not give in to the fads. 

My plan will be simple - pack my lunch most days, do some type of physical activity 4 or 5 days a week, eat more salads and less chocolate, and stick with my plan beyond January!  Here's hoping everyone else at the gym gives up so that I can have my gym space back.

Happy new year!
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment